Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Happy Pre K Graduation Abby!!



Where has the time gone ? It feels like yesterday that I was taking Abby to MDO at school. Abby has been at her little School for 3 yrs, It is such a fabulous school. The teachers and the staff there love the children and love what they do This is what I know from the past few years !!

1) I miss Abby from the moment I drop her off. I have often gone back to the class room for one more Hug and Kiss ( ok and sometime I hide and watch her play shhh)
2) Abby truly loves her friends and teachers and considers them part of our family.
3) It is OK for Abby to be the only one on the playground with sunscreen, sunhat and sunglasses on. (everybody knows who's hat is left out there)
4) Orange juice is the WORST smell if it gets spilled in the backpack from a leaky sippy cup ( We are on our second backpack this year)
5) Some days Abby's lunch is not the healthiest but at least it is not the worst !! agg candy in a kid lunch WHAT IS THAT ??
6) You get what you pay for in education, There is a reason this school never has any opening mid-School year and hardly at registration time.
7) Being room mom is a job But you get to know all the families real quick ! You meet some wonderful friends
8) Spoil the teacher. Spoil the teacher. Spoil the teacher. We love Miss Mary !!!
9) When Abby tells me about the fire drills or the Stranger Danger drills My heart skips a beat,I tear up hearing about it, however I am so thankful for a program that has a plan and the staff who is always on top of ANY issue.
10) ABBY IS ONE SMART COOKIE lol

She has learned so much. From numbers to letters, science, math, social skills, who like who (baby crushes) who has a new pet (Big this year) to a better understanding of the love that the Lord has for each one of us. She has learned tolerance of "other girl who said". She learned along with her BFF, Beth that if you do not want the "boys from that other class" to chase you RUN RUN RUN to the swings on the playground so they do not chase you, because the boys in her class will never chase them and scare them. We learned that sandals and pee gravel are not a good mix, why we have to were short under our dresses.
Most of all Abby has learned school is a good thing, learning is a fun thing. She will be safe and othere people love her. Mommy will always pick her up on time !!! and listen very carefully on the days events in Ms Mary's Pre K class. What I have learned is there is something about seeing her at the end of the day happy, in one piece with a smile that melts away any of the stress of life. Oh ya hearing her yell "Momma" when she see me, is the best word ever!!! Love you Abby

7 comments:

Rachelle said...

Congrats, Abby! We can't believe you will be going on to Kindergarten already. And we agree; you ARE one smart cookie. Keep up the good work! Love you! ~The Hansen's

Aunt Kathleen said...

Oh my gosh!! Such a big girl! Abby, you look absolutely precious. :) We are so proud of you! Congratulations and good luck in Kindergarten. ;)

Chris said...

At school, we learned that Abby and Lisa are fun friends to have! Wow, you updated your blog fast. I'm impressed...

-Chris, Spencer, Rylie Mae

Lorena said...

Oh, Abby, what a princess! It is easy to see she is the sunshine of the Davis household.
Okay, Lisa, you got me to finally update my blog too.

Leisha Mareth said...

love the picture...wjat a doll! rachel's nursery teacher used that same cap and gown for all of the little nursery pictures...it is so cute!

Megan said...

She is so cute Lisa! Your post ha me tearing up, they aren't little for long enough. Why do we sometimes find ourselves pushing them to grow up!

Lisa said...

I do not know I want her to be little like forever until the winning starts lol But still I love this age ok ok ok I love all the stages.